Friday, November 13, 2009

What a Hunt...

I have the best brother and dad Ever! We had such a great time on this hunt. It will be one that I will remember forever. We headed out the day the hunt opened pulling an all nighter driving, hunting all day Seeing a ton of deer, but with high hopes for nothing smaller than a four point we passed up about 15 little bucks, and then went home empty handed in time for halloween, and then returning after the weekend. Our first day back the amount of deer we saw was less than half what we'd seen the previous weekend. Not to mention we hadn't even seen one of the little bucks i passed up. We woke up the next day all a little discouraged about the day before but still had high hopes we'd see something. About 8:45 am my dad catches a glimps of a buck up a hill. Zack and I quickly run up a hill to get closer and give us a better shot. I quickly get him in my scope and for a slight second get a look at his antlers before he hides his head behind a tree. With his head behind a tree and his body b/w another tree I take a split second to make my decision and pull the trigger. He takes a stumble in my scope and I hear zack yell "you got him" but only to look up and see him sprinting through the trees. After about 30-45 min. following a faint blood trail zig zagging up and down the little hills near by we were losing not only the trail but all hopes that i got him. My dad gave us the choice to keep looking or go back to hunting. Zack and I decided to spend five more minutes and then we would walk away. Soon after that not ten yards from where we'd been looking zack spots him laying on the side of the road. I got him! and was so glad we didn't geve up looking. We couldn't believe he was right in front of us and my dad had driven by him a couple times and i even walked just feet away from him. We always have fun on our hunts even when we aren't successful, but man is it great to drive home feeling that much better.



The Three of Us..... Deer, Me, and Baby 6 months on board. She will be so proud!




The Great Hunter and Me....My Daddy



My Big Bro. Couldn't have done it without him. I'm just helping him
so when he has his own kids to take hunting he will be as good as our
dad was taking us.


Doing my Dirty Work.....But come on, they like doing it!

2 comments:

megan allen said...

Ok I just threw up a little bit! Yuck!

Brady & Josie Martinez said...

Our freezer is full of deer and elk meet, its like a forest in there, and just let me say that last picture is nasty okay.